Xdiv codec is a video codec for encoding and decoding using the DirectShow API.
Xdiv codec errors can occur when you use Windows media player to play videos.
Xdiv codec errors can cause your Windows media player to automatically close.
In today’s article, we have listed some of the best solutions that you can try in order to fix the xdiv codec error.
- If the xdiv codec for Windows Media Player is not working, you won’t be able to watch any video.
- To fix this problem, you should check your Windows Media Player version and make sure you have the latest one.
- Other useful solutions include downloading the latest codec and installing it manually.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Change some codec settings
- Right-click on the Windows Media Player icon.
- From the menu, click on Properties.
- From the new window, click on Settings.
- From the Settings window, click on Options.
- From the Options window, click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Advanced, click on the Codecs tab.
- Now, under Codecs, click on the drop-down menu for Codec Information.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- From the Settings window, click on All codecs.
- From the All Codecs window, click on the drop down menu under Codec Information.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Change Settings.
- From the Change Codec Settings window, click on the Audio tab.
- From the Audio tab, select Advanced.
- In the Advanced tab, select DirectShow.
- Now, under DirectShow, select Audio Decoder.
- Firstly, click on the drop-down menu and select Set Default.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu and select Combine.
- Also, click on the drop-down menu and select DirectSound.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu and select Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder.
Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Go to your video player settings, and disable hardware acceleration.
- Try playing the video again.
- Change Video Compatibility
Open your video player, and locate the Compatibility mode option.
- Enable the Compatibility mode option.
- Try playing the stored video again.
Install codecs manually
- Visit the VLC Media Player website and download the latest version of VLC Media Player.
- Install VLC Media Player.
- Launch VLC Media Player, go to Tools > Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, go to the Codecs tab.
- Select the Codec for Microsoft Windows Media Audio (WMA) and click the OK button.
Run SFC and DISM scans
- Press Windows + R to open Run, type cmd in the text field, and click on the OK button.
- Now, paste the following command in the command window: DISM /Online /Cleanup” /RestoreHealth.
- Execute it and wait for the process to complete.
- Now, run the following command: sfc /scannow
- Again, wait for the process to complete.