This error message is usually encountered by users when they try to enable Xbox live.
The error message is:
> An error occurred while signing into the Xbox Live service. The error > code is :E74.
- The xbox error message e74 A Comprehensive Guide is a fairly common issue and can be caused by various issues.
- One quick solution is to disable your antivirus temporarily.
- Another solution is to reinstall your console, and this can also be done together with a fresh system install.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Run the troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + S and type troubleshoot. Select Troubleshooting from the results.
- Select Game audio and devices.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooting process.
- Delete the unnecessary files
- If you are playing online, try deleting the files/folders in Documents/Xbox Apps/Saved Games/Player/ on your C: drive
- Delete unnecessary Xbox games
Use Command prompt
- Open Command prompt as administrator.
- When it opens, type the following command and press Enter: netsh http add urlacl url=http://*.minecraft.net/ * user=* password=* /domain
- Go to the following location: C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsCookies
- Delete the following files: .minecraft, .minecraft.net, mc.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net, minecraft.net.
- Open Internet Explorer as administrator.
- Go to the following location and delete all the files: C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsCookies
- Disable your antivirus software
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Update the device
- Users have reported that updating their device resolves error code e74. To do that, open the Xbox app and sign in to your account.
- Hit the Guide button and select Settings.
- Select System > Console info > Update.
- Follow the instructions to update the console.
- If you haven’t updated the Xbox One console in a while, follow the steps to update the console.
- Reset the console
Resetting the console will fix error code e74.
- To do this, open the Xbox app > select Guide > select Settings.
- Select System > Console info > Reset console.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reset process.
- Hard-reset the console
Hard-reset the console to fix error code e74.
- To do this, you need to hold down the Xbox button on the console.
- Now, while holding down the Xbox button, press the Xbox button once again.
- Once the console reboots, try playing your games using the same account.
Change the region
- If you are trying to play a game in a different region, you might get this error.
- Change the region of your Xbox One console or change the setting on PC.
- Visit the Microsoft Store
The error message might also occur if the Microsoft Store isn’t working.
- Try opening the official Microsoft Store website.
- If you haven’t tried playing any games, it might be a cache issue.
- Try deleting the cache folder.
Reinstall the app
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select My games & apps.
- Select Manage game & apps.
- Now select the game, and then select Uninstall.