This issue can be caused by various reasons, and today, we’re going to show you how to properly fix this issue.
- The svchost.exe high CPU usage can occur due to several reasons, including malware.
- You should scan your computer for viruses using a third-party antivirus program.
- Running a system scan with a built-in antivirus program can scan for viruses and malware.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Check your antivirus
- Run a full virus scan on your computer.
- Try disabling your antivirus software temporarily.
- Restart your computer and check if the error still occurs.
Disable the antivirus temporarily
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type services.msc and click OK.
- Locate the service and right-click it.
- Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to the General tab and click the Stop button.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security
- Select System and Security
- From the left pane, select System and Security > Auto-play
- From the right pane, uncheck Allow all devices to play audio
- Restart your PC
Use System Restore
Press Windows Key + S and enter system restore. Choose Create a restore point from the menu.
When System Properties window opens, click the System Restore button.
Now check Show more restore points option, and then click Next.
When System Restore window opens, click Next.
- System Restore will now scan system for any available restore points.
Select the desired restore point and click Next.
Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the process.
Use System File Checker
- Press the Windows key + S key.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Right click on the Command prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command: sfc /scannow
- Wait for the scanning to finish, and restart your computer.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Perform a clean installation
- Start your computer and run cmd
- Type the following command: net stop wuauserv
net start wuauserv
- Type the following command: net stop wuaueng
net start wuaueng
- Type the following command: net stop wusserv
net start wusserv
- Type the following command: net stop cryptSvc
net start cryptSvc
- Type the following command: net stop dnscache
net start dnscache
- Type the following command: net stop lmhosts
net start lmhosts
- Type the following command: net stop svchost
net start svchost
Disconnect all USB devices
- Disable startup apps and services
Close the programs running in background
Rename or move some of the files
- Reset the Windows Search Indexer
- Update your Codecs
- Repair your Windows
- Update the Windows
Clean boot your PC
- Go to Start
- Type msconfig in the search box
- From System Configuration window, click Selective startup tab
- Uncheck Load startup items checkbox
- Click Apply and OK
- Reboot your computer
Disable startup programs
- Press the Windows key + R, type msconfig, and hit Enter.
- Click on Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services, and click on Disable all.
- Press the Windows key + R, type regedit, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following path, and expand it:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
- Right-click Memory Management, select New, and click Key.
- Name the new key as WorkingSetSize.
- Right-click WorkingSetSize, select Modify, and set its value to 0.
Run a scan
- Press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Then enter â€ ̃defender’ in the search box.
- Click Windows Security to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Virus & threat protection tab.
- Click Virus & threat protection settings to open the window shown directly below.
- Select the Virus & threat protection level.
- Then press the Scan now button.