These errors often occur due to registry issues, and today we’re going to show you how to fix them once and for all.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Run the repair option
- To repair the corrupted registry, open Registry Editor. To do that, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter the keyword regedit in Run’s Open text box.
- Press the OK button to open the Registry Editor.
- Click File, then Export to open the window shown directly below.
- Enter a filename in the File name text box.
- Press the Save button to export the registry.
- Then copy the registry file to a flash drive or other external storage.
- Open an elevated Command prompt.
- Enter the sfc /scannow command in Command prompt’s Open text box.
- Press the Enter key to run the SFC scan.
- The SFC scan might take a few minutes, and it might show a list of files it’s unable to repair. If so, press the R key to show a list of suggested resolutions.
- Press the Enter key after selecting each resolution to apply it.
Create a new shortcut to the program
- Right-click the icon for the program
- Select the New > Shortcut
Run the repair option in Command prompt
- To do that, press the Windows key + R hotkey, enter cmd in the text field, then press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys.
- Enter sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The SFC scan will now commence. Wait for it to complete, then restart your PC.
Disable the third-party antivirus or firewall
- Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click Real-time protection.
- Under Real-time protection settings, click Manage third-party antivirus or firewall.
- Disable the third-party antivirus or firewall
- Restart your computer
Run the installer as an administrator
- Type CMD in the search bar.
- Run Command prompt as an administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow and hit enter.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Use Windows Installer CleanUp
- Download Windows Installer CleanUp from the official Microsoft website.
- After downloading, run the installer.
- Click on the CleanUp button.
- Click on the Scan button.
- Wait until the wizard completes the scan.
- Now, you can choose to clean up the selected items and click OK.
Perform a Clean Boot
- Press Windows + R to open Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
- Locate the AppDynamics Windows Installer service, right-click it, and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Log On tab, and check the box that says Use only specific users.
- Click Advanced, and under Startup type, select Disabled.
- Click the Stop button to stop the service, and then click the OK button to confirm.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.