Upgradedb is a file on Windows operating system that stores information about the computer’s hardware, and the program files installed on your system.
Therefore, if the upgradedb service encounters an error, it can prevent any program from running, and this might happen due to different reasons.
However, you can fix this problem in a few minutes.
- The upgradedb.exe has stopped working error can be caused by various issues, such as corrupted files.
- The QuickFix tool is an easy, yet effective solution that will fix the Win32kbase.Error: 338 issue.
- Even though this BSoD error can be fixed, it’s always a good idea to scan your PC for errors.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Run the Command prompt as administrator (or as System)
- Press the Windows Key + X hotkey.
- Select the Command prompt (Admin) or Command prompt (System) option.
- Next, enter sfc/scannow in the Command prompt, and press the Enter key.
- Then, follow any SFC results that appear.
Open Command prompt as System
- To do that, you need to press Windows Key + X and choose Command prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
- When Command prompt opens, enter sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- The System File Checker will now start and look for corrupted system files on your computer.
- Wait for the process to complete (it might take a while).
Check that the System File Checker is not blocked
- Go to “Control Panel” > “Programs” > “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Expand “Windows Subsystem for Linux” and enable it
- Navigate to C:WindowsSystem32sfc.exe
- Enter “sfc /scannow” and press Enter
- Restart your PC
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Use SFC and DISM
- Press Windows key + S, type cmd, and open Run as administrator.
- Now, type sfc/scannow and press Enter to run it.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete.
Reset Windows Update Components
- Press Windows Key + S and enter update. Select Windows Update from the list.
- When the Windows Update window opens, navigate to the Advanced Options section. Now click Reset.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Create a new user account
- Start by creating a new user account. To do that, press the Windows key + I key.
- Now, from the Settings app, click on Accounts.
- Now, click on Family & other People.
- Click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Click on I don’t know this person’s password.
- Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account and then on I don’t have a password.
- Click on Sign in without a Microsoft account and then on I don’t know this person’s email address.
- Now, click on I don’t know this person’s phone number.
- Click on Create and now, try signing in with the new user account
- Try running PowerShell as an administrator
- Use CCleaner to delete the data and settings files
- Check Microsoft update
Remove and install KB3125574
- Uninstall KB3125574
Remove the KB3125574 update from Add/Remove Programs
Delete the KB3125574 folder
Run the command below
- Reboot your PC