AOL is a popular email service provider, and some users have reported the email service isn’t working on their Mac.
In most cases, this issue is caused by a software conflict or an outdated AOL version.
In the following lines, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot this issue on macOS.
- AOL is a popular email service provider, and some users have reported the email service isn’t working on their Mac. In most cases, this issue is caused by a software conflict or an outdated AOL version. In the following lines, we’ll show you how to troubleshoot this issue on macOS.
- Some Mac users have reported problems accessing the AOL email service. One common issue for users of AOL email is a failed login. This error causes a password prompt to pop up repeatedly, preventing users from accessing their email. Other AOL issues include messages not loading, or attachments not downloading. AOL email issues are often caused by outdated software, third-party software conflicts, or improper settings. Troubleshooting these issues can often be done by clearing your browser’s cache or using a different browser. Another option is to update the software. If all else fails, it may help to switch to a different email service.
- L is an Internet service provider and email service provider. AOL was founded back in 1985, still has a strong user base, and is a subsidiary to Verizon Communications. AOL gives users access to features such as email, instant messaging, and a variety of forums. Recently, some users have complained about not being able to access their AOL email through the AOL app.
One common AOL Mail error on macOS is the inability to send or receive emails from the app.
- To fix this issue, open the Mail app, and go to the Preferences.
- Select Accounts, then hit the Advanced tab.
- Select the Outgoing Mail Server, then click the Edit button.
- Now, select the Use Authentication check box, then enter your credentials in the boxes next to Server Name, User Name and Password.
- Hit the OK button to save the changes.
Check your ISP’s server settings or follow the steps below to fix the connection issue.
Check your ISP’s server settings
Open AOL Mail client.
- Go to Preferences and select Mail Servers.
- In Mail Servers select Edit.
- Remove all server entries.
- Now reconnect to AOL Mail and see if it fixes the error.
The AOL email login error is most commonly caused by account issues, so follow our recommendations below.
- First, enter AOL in the Search bar and press the Enter key.
- Click Manage next to My Account.
- Click Change next to your email address.
- Then enter your AOL email address, password, and name.
- Click Sign In to complete the process.