TiVo recently had an issue with their cable card. This issue was causing some TiVo users to lose signal and not be able to record shows.
This issue affected users on Comcast systems. Some users reported that they couldn’t even access their TiVo boxes.
Here’s how one TiVo user on Reddit described his issue:
> We have a Tivo Roamio Pro with 2 cablecard slots. One card was fine but > recently (about 2 months ago) the second card stopped working, and has not > worked since.
TiVo’s cable cards work with specific cable providers. If your TiVo isn’t working on Comcast, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve this issue:
* Check to see if you can log into your TiVo box. If you can’t, then you may need to contact Comcast. * Try to restart your TiVo box. If it still doesn’t work, then you may need to contact TiVo. * Make sure that your TiVo’s cablecards are inserted properly.
- If streaming content from your TiVo box is getting interrupted, you should know that this is due to unsupported cards.
- For working the CableCard, using updated TiVo software is important, so make sure that you install the latest version available.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Reset your TiVo
- To do that, first press the TiVo button on your remote twice.
- Now, press the Options button.
- Press the Settings button.
- Now, press the 7 key to select the Reset device option.
- Press the Select button to confirm.
Reset your Comcast CableCard
- First, turn off the TiVo box.
- Now press and hold the Menu, Guide, and Power buttons for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the box to reboot.
Reset your cable modem
- Unplug all cables from the back of the cable modem, then reconnect the cables and connect the power.
- Wait a few minutes, and unplug the power from the back of the cable modem.
- Plug the power back into the cable modem and wait for it to boot up.
Reset your network
- Press and hold the TiVo remote’s MENU button for 8 seconds.
- Then, press the TiVo >> Network >> Reset button.
- Disconnect the TiVo network cable from the back of the TiVo.
- Plug in the network cable and turn on the TiVo.
Run a Network Troubleshooter
- Press Windows Key + I, and select Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot from the list of options.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Select Network Adapter and follow the on-screen instructions.