The error 0X80070057 is a generic error message that usually appears when users are trying to run any program.
The error message pops up when the following conditions apply:
* You have not installed the latest version of the antivirus software * Windows Firewall is turned on * Windows Defender is turned off * The Windows Firewall blocks some program communication * Windows Firewall blocks some program communication * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Firewall is turned on * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Firewall is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off
- Antivirus software is a vital part of every computer, so having this protective shield has become essential.
- Users reported issues with the symantic antivirus version, so let us guide you through some solutions.
- We have other useful guides for Antivirus software, so do not hesitate to check out our dedicated section.
- Our Troubleshooting section has hundreds of useful articles, so do not hesitate to explore it.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Run symantec antivirus in safe mode
- Press the Start button, type “msconfig”, and select Run as administrator.
- Click the Services tab, select the Startup type drop-down menu and the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Click the Disable button for the antivirus.
- Then, restart Windows.
Run the antivirus in compatibility mode
- Right-click the symantic antivirus icon in the system tray and choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
Disable your antivirus
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app
- Select the Update & Security option
- Select Windows Security
- Click on the Virus & threat protection
- Select Virus & threat protection settings.
- Under the Program control section, uncheck the Turn On Program Control option.
Change the Windows Firewall settings
- Open the Windows search bar and type Windows Firewall.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Select the Microsoft Security Essentials from the list of apps.
- Toggle on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
Reinstall symantec antivirus
- Type “Control Panel” in the search utility and select Control Panel from the list.
- Now, go to Programs and select Uninstall a program.
- Locate symantec antivirus on the list and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall option from the menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Reset the Windows Firewall
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security section.
- Select Windows Security.
- Select Firewall from the left pane.
- Right-click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and select Properties.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- Wait while system resets the firewall.