The error 0X80070057 is a generic error message that usually appears when users are trying to run any program.
The error message pops up when the following conditions apply:
* You have not installed the latest version of the antivirus software * Windows Firewall is turned on * Windows Defender is turned off * The Windows Firewall blocks some program communication * Windows Firewall blocks some program communication * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Firewall is turned on * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Firewall is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off * Windows Defender is turned off
- Antivirus software is a vital part of every computer, so having this protective shield has become essential.
- Users reported issues with the symantic antivirus version, so let us guide you through some solutions.
- We have other useful guides for Antivirus software, so do not hesitate to check out our dedicated section.
- Our Troubleshooting section has hundreds of useful articles, so do not hesitate to explore it.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Run symantec antivirus in safe mode
- Press the Start button, type “msconfig”, and select Run as administrator.
- Click the Services tab, select the Startup type drop-down menu and the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Click the Disable button for the antivirus.
- Then, restart Windows.
Run the antivirus in compatibility mode
- Right-click the symantic antivirus icon in the system tray and choose Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
Disable your antivirus
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app
- Select the Update & Security option
- Select Windows Security
- Click on the Virus & threat protection
- Select Virus & threat protection settings.
- Under the Program control section, uncheck the Turn On Program Control option.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Change the Windows Firewall settings
- Open the Windows search bar and type Windows Firewall.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Select the Microsoft Security Essentials from the list of apps.
- Toggle on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
Reinstall symantec antivirus
- Type “Control Panel” in the search utility and select Control Panel from the list.
- Now, go to Programs and select Uninstall a program.
- Locate symantec antivirus on the list and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall option from the menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
Reset the Windows Firewall
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Update & Security section.
- Select Windows Security.
- Select Firewall from the left pane.
- Right-click Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and select Properties.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- Wait while system resets the firewall.