The Stopsign program was designed to safeguard your computer, and it’s often used by gamers because it can scan your computer for viruses and malware in real-time.
However, some users have reported that Stopsign antivirus torrent download error prevents them from downloading torrents.
- Downloading torrent files is the fastest way to download large files nowadays.
- However, some antivirus programs will block torrent downloads, so you can download them with an alternative.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Uninstall and reinstall the software
- Open the Start menu, type Apps, and choose Apps and Features.
- Locate the torrenting software, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.
- Restart your computer after the uninstallation.
- Download and reinstall the software
Update your antivirus
- If your antivirus is outdated, it might cause this Stopsign Antivirus Torrent Download Error.
- Updating your antivirus will fix the issue.
- Run the disk cleanup tool
Deleting temporary files and other unnecessary files that take up a lot of disk space will fix this issue.
- Run the Disk Cleanup wizard.
- It’s available on Windows 10, 8, and 7. Launch Windows Search and type cleanmgr and hit Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean and click OK.
- Choose the Clean up system files option.
- Select the files you want to delete and click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Update to the latest version of your torrent client.
- Updating your torrent client to the latest version will automatically fix the Stopsign Antivirus Torrent Download Error.
- Disable antivirus temporarily
- Disabling the antivirus temporarily will fix the issue.
- To disable antivirus temporarily, right-click on the Avast icon in the system tray and select Disable Avast.
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run accessory.
- Type regedit in the Open box and click OK to open the Registry editor.
- Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternetExplorer.
- In the right pane, right-click on DWORD (32-bit) Decimal Value.
- Select New, DWORD Value.
- Name it EnableAntiSpyware.
- Now, right-click on the EnableAntiSpyware DWORD and select Modify.
- Enter 1 in the Value data box.
- Close the Registry editor.
- Restart your computer after disabling Avast.
Disable your antivirus software
- Launch your antivirus software > go to “Settings” > click “Protection”
- From there, go to the “Virus Scanning” tab > select “Scanning” on the left > click “Scan Now”
- Restart your computer after scanning
- Download and install the latest version of your antivirus software
Disable your firewall
- Open Control Panel > Windows Firewall
- Click on Turn off Windows Firewall
- Make sure Windows Firewall is off
- Restart your computer
Run the DMG Installer
- Double-check that the file you downloaded is the original one and is not corrupted.
- Right-click on the file and go to the Properties section.
- Click on the Unblock button and save the file.
- Once the download in completed, open the DMG file and follow the instructions to install the software.
- Update your OS
- Update your Antivirus
- Uninstall the Antivirus
- Clean up your registry