Now, the Windows pipes provider error 40: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond (40) error is preventing users from getting some features.
In today’s article, we will explore a couple of solutions to fix this error.
- The Pipes Provider error 40 will appear if some components are not installed correctly.
- The Pipes Provider error 40 will appear if some data is not correctly segmented.
- The Pipes Provider error 40 will appear if some components are outdated and need to be updated.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Go to the Troubleshoot page in the Settings app. Click on Additional troubleshooters in the left pane of the window.
- Select Windows Update in the right pane and click on Run the troubleshooter.
Run the System File Checker
- Type cmd in the Search bar, and click on the appropriate search result.
- Right-click on Command prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- Input the following command and press Enter: sfc/scannow
Disable the Firewall
- To fix error 40, try disabling the Windows Firewall. To do that, open the Windows Firewall app from the Windows search utility.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off to open the window shown directly below.
- Then select the Turn off Windows Firewall and click OK.
- Restart Windows before setting up the Steam application.
- Check for Updates
The Windows update utility is a useful tool for fixing error 40. To check for updates, click the Start button, type updates in the search box, and select the relevant search result.
- Press the Check for updates button.
Change Windows Update settings
- Go to Start > type Windows Update > select Windows Update from the menu.
- In the left pane, click Change settings.
- Uncheck Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows option.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Change the date/time/timezone
- Click on Start, and then go to Settings.
- Scroll down to Time & language, then to Date & time.
- Select Adjust date/time.
- If the error persists, try to change the timezone from the drop-down menu.
- To run DISM, press the Windows key + S hotkey, enter cmd in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Right-click Command prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- Next, type the command below, and press the Enter key: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Press the Enter key to run the DISM command.
- Wait for the command to complete, and restart Windows.
Create a new user account
- Log on to Windows as administrator
- Go to Control Panel
- Select User Accounts
- Click Manage another account
- Add the new user account
- Log on to the new user account
- To reinstall Windows, right-click Start and select Run.
- Enter recovery in the Open box, and press Enter.
- Click Next on the Select recovery tool window.
- Click Get started on the System Recovery window.
- Select the Reinstall Windows option.
- Click Next and follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall Windows.