Users reported problems when trying to watch Netflix on Windows 10.
> When I go to Netflix I get: “No Codec Available to Render: The Netflix Player > was unable to download the selected video. Please try again.”
In this article, we explore some troubleshooting tips for the no encoding available to render error.
- The no codec available error message is extremely common and can be caused by various issues.
- The no codec available message can also appear due to incompatibility issues with your hardware.
- To fix this issue, you should first remove all third-party player software.
- Using specialized software to install codecs will also fix the no codec available error.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
1. Update your graphics card drivers
- Open Device Manager and find the graphics card drivers.
- Right-click on the driver, and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
3. Check if your graphics card drivers are up to date
- If the problem is related to outdated drivers, then updating them will definitely help.
- 4. Check if your GPU or Accelerant is working
- Run the GPU and Accelerant troubleshooter
4. Check if your GPU drivers are up to date
- If your computer has an AMD graphics card, go to AMD website and download the latest drivers.
- If your computer has a Nvidia graphics card, go to Nvidia website and download the latest drivers.
6. Use VLC media player
- VLC media player offers more features than any other media player.
- Download VLC media player and install.
- Launch the media player.
- Select the video file.
- Go to the Media > Open Network section.
7. Reinstall VLC media player
- 8. Update your Graphics card driver
- 9. Check for outdated codecs
- 10. Reset Windows
- 11. Disable Hardware acceleration
- 12. Record videos only in certain resolutions
8. Install necessary codecs
- In the Windows search bar type codec.
- Select codec.
- In the codecs window, locate the installed codecs.
- Right-click one of them and select Update.
9. Install Windows 10 compatible codecs
- Open VLC media player.
- Click on the Tools menu and select the Preferences option.
- Click the Codecs tab.
- Click the Install button.
- Select the Windows Media Video (WMV) 9 Codec and click OK.
10. Disable Hardware acceleration for VLC
- Navigate to Tools > Preferences > Codec > Hardware acceleration.
- Take note of the current setting and uncheck it.
- Apply the changes and restart VLC.
11. Force VLC to use your GPU
- Press the Win + I keys on your keyboard.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Select the System option under settings.
- Select the Apps & features option.
- Select the VLC media player option.
- Click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced section, click the Video Decoder option.
- Click the Set as Default button.
12. Play video with Windows Media Player
- Open Windows Media Player and right click on the video file you want to play.
- Choose Open with.
- Select Choose another program from the drop-down menu.
- Click Windows Media Player from the list.
- Click OK to start playing the video.
13. Test your graphics card
- If your Wi-Fi is connected, open your web browser.
- Type “chrome://gpu” and press Enter.
- Click the “GPU Usage” tab.
- Check the GPU usage.
- If your GPU usage is above 30%, try disconnecting your Wi-Fi.
- Connect another device to your Wi-Fi.
14. Create an exception in VLC
- Open VLC, click File, then Preferences.
- Choose Filters, then Video Decoders.
- Check ffdshow.
- Click OK to close the window, then close VLC.
15. Disable GPU acceleration
- 16. Disable hardware acceleration
17. Enable hardware acceleration
- 18. Disable Google Chrome GPU Decoder
- 19. Update your graphics card drivers
- 20. Update Google Chrome
- 21. Update your drivers
16. Check if your computer is compatible with VLC
- 17. Check if your drivers are up-to-date
18. Fix VLC Error Codec not available to render 19. Change VLC settings
- 20. Use another video player
- Press the Windows key + R, type control, and then click on OK.
- Double-click on Internet Options.
- Within the General tab, click on the Use recommended settings button.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Make sure that the Trusted sites zone is highlighted.
- Click on the Sites button.
- Click on Add.
- Enter the following URL: http://www.123movies.space/
- Click OK.
- Click Apply and OK.