Network adapters play a vital role in your system, and without them, your PC wouldn’t work.
Unfortunately, many users report an issue with missing network adapters, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this problem.
- Missing network adapters in Windows 7 are a common problem, and it’s easy to fix.
- Check your hardware drivers and troubleshoot this inconvenience with dedicated software.
- If network adapters are missing, consider reinstalling the network adapter drivers.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Check if your PC is connected to the network
- Go to Start > type Network > select View network connections
- Right-click on the wireless adapter > select Properties
- Go to the Driver tab > click Update driver
- Now, Windows will scan for available drivers.
- Select Automatically select the drivers to install > click Next
Check all connections from your device
- Verify if the cable is properly connected and plugged in.
- Verify if the device is connected to the network.
- Try to connect the cable to a different device (a laptop or desktop) that are connected to the network.
- Verify if the network is operational.
- Restart your system.
- Connect the network cable to another network port.
- Restart the system.
Disable and re-enable the network adapter
- If disabling and re-enabling the network adapter resolves the issue, then you could consider disabling it and re-enabling it after the device has been restarted.
- Check if the device driver is up to date
Drivers are an important component of any hardware component. Using an outdated driver often causes the device to work improperly.
- If the network adapter is not working properly, then updating the drivers could help resolve the issue.
- Check if the network adapter is working properly
If the network adapter is not working properly, then it could be the reason for the issue.
- Try using a different network adapter
If using a network adapter of the same brand does not resolve the issue, then you could try using another network adapter.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Reset your network connection
- Go to Start > type command prompt > right-click on Command prompt > click Run as administrator
- Type ipconfig /release /renew
- Type ipconfig /renew
- Remove and re-add your network connection
Perform a clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R and enter msconfig. Now press Enter or click OK.
- When System Configuration window opens, navigate to Services tab.
- Now locate Network Adapters service and double click it.
- In the Startup type dropdown menu select Disabled and click on Apply and OK.
- After doing that, restart your computer.
Repair the Windows system files
- Press and hold the â€ ̃Win’ and â€ ̃R’ keys on your keyboard.
- Type â€ ̃sfc /scannow’ in the Run box and press Enter.
- The System File Checker will start scanning the PC.
- Wait until the scanning process is complete.
- Restart your PC.
Run the hardware troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, and select Troubleshoot.
- Select Network Adapter from the options listed.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Restart the computer, and see if the problem persists.