- There are errors that Microsoft’s Internet Explorer cannot handle, and one of them is an error that the browser returns when a script is null or not an object.
- You can follow the steps below to fix this error with ease.
- For more information visit our thorough Internet Explorer section.
- You might also want to bookmark our Web Apps Fix section for similar guides.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Check your browser
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Click on Apps and then Apps & features.
- Locate and open the internet browser you use.
- Click on Advanced options > Clear browsing data.
- Tick the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files boxes.
- Click on Clear data to clear the data.
Open the IE troubleshooter
- To do that, press the Windows key + S hotkey, type troubleshooting in the search box, and click on the relevant search result.
- Now, click on View all from the menu on the left of the troubleshooter.
- Select the Browser and other plugins option, and press the Run the troubleshooter button.
Check your antivirus
- Open your browser and go to settings.
- Go to Advanced settings and search for your antivirus software.
- Disable your antivirus software and enable it back on.
Check your security settings
- Open your browser.
- Click on the Settings icon (the three dots).
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- On the Clear data window, check Cookies and other site and plug-in data and Cached images and files.
- Check them all and click on Clear data.
Check your network
- Close any open browsers.
- Right-click the Start icon and choose Command prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter: netsh winsock reset
- Wait for the reset process to complete.
- Restart your computer.
Disable your antivirus
- Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Type msconfig in Open and click OK.
- Select the Services tab, and deselect all the available services.
- Now, select the General tab, and click on Disable all.