But, some users have complained that they have trouble browsing on Windows 7.
> I can access the internet, but when I try to surf it is very slow. Is there anything > I can do to speed things up?
If you’re also troubled by this problem, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you speed up your Windows 7 browsing.
- Browsing speed is an important aspect for every website.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Use a different browser
- Open Internet Explorer > click Tools > open Internet Options
- Close and re-open Internet Explorer.
Update Internet Explorer
- You may have to uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer.
- To update Internet Explorer, go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Locate Internet Explorer and click on Uninstall.
- Then, restart your computer and reinstall Internet Explorer.
- Disable Startup Programs
Launch the Command prompt as administrator.
- In the Command prompt window, enter the following command and press Enter: msconfig
- System Configuration window will now appear. Go to the Startup tab and click on the Services tab.
- Select all the programs and click on Disable.
- Click on the Apply and OK button.
Use Cached Exchange Mode
- For this, right-click the Outlook icon in the notification area and select Outlook Settings.
- In the Outlook Options, click on Send/Receive tab.
- Under Send/Receive tab, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Now, add the server name, mail.live.com, and click OK.
- Finally, open the Account Settings window.
- Select Cached Exchange Mode and click Next.
Change your DNS server
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
- In the Network Connections window, double click on your connection.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list.
- Select Properties.
- In the TCP/IPv4 Properties window, under the General tab, click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- In the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields, enter 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively.
- Click OK to save and close the properties window.
- Increase your cache size
Press Windows + S and type in disk cleanup.
- In the Search box, type disk cleanup.
- When the Disk Cleanup window opens, select Clean up system files.
- Then click on the OK button.
Disable any add-ons you are running
- Disable addons, extensions, and plugins, including any toolbars or add-ons you might be using on your browser.
- Remove themes
Remove any themes you’re running from the Themes section of Control Panel.
- Remove unnecessary startup programs
Remove any programs you’re not currently using from the Startup tab in Settings.
- Remove default programs
Remove any default programs you’re not currently using from the Default Programs tab in Settings.