A Dell laptop provides lots of functionality with fast processing, high-quality display, and long battery life.
However, the Dell OptiPlex 790 computer is notorious for its booting issues.
One common issue that makes the users unable to boot into BIOS is getting caught at the Dell logo.
In this article, we will explore the best solutions for this issue, so keep reading.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Restart your computer
- Hold the Power key for 30 seconds
- Once your computer boots, press the F2 or DEL key repeatedly to enter BIOS
- Go through the BIOS settings.
Use Command prompt
- Open Command prompt as administrator. To do that, right-click on Start and select Command prompt (Admin) from the menu. You can also press Windows Key + R and enter cmd in Run’s text field, and click on the OK button.
- When Command prompt opens, enter the following line and press Enter:ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew
- After that, enter the following command and press Enter:netsh interface ipv4 reset
Reset the CMOS
- Press the Power button to shut down your computer.
- Locate and remove the battery.
- Wait for a few minutes before continuing.
- Replace the battery and turn on the PC.
Disable UEFI Secure Boot
- Start by disabling UEFI Secure Boot. To do that, click the Type here to search button in Windows 10’s taskbar.
- Enter secure boot in the search box.
- Click UEFI Secure Boot in search results to open the window directly below.
- Select the Disable UEFI Secure Boot option.
- Press the OK button to save the change.
- Then, restart your Windows device.
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey to open the Search menu.
- Enter BIOS in the search box.
- Select the BIOS entry on the search results.
- Press the F2 or Del key on the BIOS screen to enter Setup.
- Then, press the Enter key to access the BIOS configuration utility.
- Enter BIOS setup in the BIOS search utility.
- Press the Enter key after entering BIOS.
- Select the Startup tab on the BIOS configuration window.
- Then, select the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) option.
- Press the Enter key to save the change.
- Press the Enter key again when prompted by the configuration utility.
Turn on ACPI
- Press the Windows key + R, type msconfig, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Services tab and deselect Hide all Microsoft services.
- Go to Startup tab, uncheck Load system services and Load boot items, then click OK to save changes.
- Go back to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, and click OK.
- Go to Startup tab, check Load system services and Load boot items then click OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer.