Some users have reported that they are getting the hotmail unresponsive script error in Firefox.
Users reported that when they open their inbox, they get an exclamation mark icon on the top right corner.
![hotmail unresponsive script error](data:image/svg+xml,%3Csvg%20xmlns=’http://www.w3.org/2000/svg’%20viewBox=’0%200%20720%20720’%3E%3C/svg%3E)![hotmail unresponsive script error](https://cdn.windowsreport.com/wp- content/uploads/2021/09/hotmail-synchronize-tool-windows-10-offline.png)
When you click on the exclamation mark icon, the users get the error message hotmail does not provide scripting services for this webpage.
Users get this error because the hotmail script in Firefox is not loaded properly.
In this article, we will show you a few quick fixes that you can try to fix the hotmail unresponsive script error in Firefox.
- The hotmail unresponsive script error appears when trying to login in to your hotmail account.\n This error can be caused by a corrupted profile.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Create a new profile
- Open Firefox and type about:support in the search bar.
- In the “Support” section, click on “Reset Firefox”.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Reset Firefox”.
- Open Firefox and navigate the browser’s options.
- Next, select Add-ons.
- Then, click the Disable button for any add-on that is displayed.
Temporarily disable your antivirus
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app and select System.
- Scroll down to the Apps section and click on Apps & features.
- Locate your antivirus software and click on it.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and click the Disable button.
Change your browser’s security settings
- Open your browser.
- Click Menu and select Options.
- Click the Privacy & Security tab.
- Under Cookies and Site Data, click Clear Private Data Now.
- Click Clear Private Data Again.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Under Cookies and Site Data, click All cookies and site data and then select the Only from the websites I visit option.
- Click the Done button.
Update your antivirus
- If the antivirus is outdated, it may cause the hotmail unresponsive script error in firefox.
- Install the latest version of the Firefox browser
- Check your internet connection
- Turn off any ad-blockers
- Disable any extensions you have installed
Reset your browser
- Click on the 3 dots on the upper right corner of your browser.
- Choose Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Extract it on your desktop.
- Open Firefox by double clicking on the .exe file.
- Click Help from the Firefox menu.
- Select the Troubleshooting Information option.
- Click Refresh Firefox button.
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app, and select Update & Security.
- Click on the Check for updates button.