Spyware and adware are sneaky bits of code that seek to steal your data.
These bits of code can be hidden in a downloaded file, or in paid software.
Spyware and adware can steal information like sensitive passwords and credit card information.
Malware is a broad term that encompasses any harmful software.
Malware can infect your computer without you even knowing it, and you must be careful when browsing the Internet.
Malware can infect your computer through phishing attempts, or by visiting malicious websites.
Malware can delete your files, spy on you, and more.
Malware can be devastating to your computer, and you must be careful when browsing the Internet.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Start the antivirus
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app, and navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Scroll down to the Windows Security section, and click on the Virus & threat protection option.
- Scroll down to the Additional security settings section, and click on the View advanced settings option.
- Click on the Malware protection tab, and select the Scan for rootkits, boot viruses, and spyware option.
- Click on the Scan now button, and wait for the process to finish.
Scan with Malwarebytes
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here
Run the program and click on Update Malwarebytes
- Click the Scan Now button
- Wait for the files to scan
- Go to Scan >> Select Perform quick scan
Use SFC and DISM
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and click on Command prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes in the UAC prompt.
- Type the command below and press Enter. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Scan for malware
- Malware is a malicious software that sneaks into your computer and makes it slower.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and run a scan.
- You should also scan your computer with MalwareBytes anti-malware using a bootable media.
- Firstly, download the Daemon Tools Lite, then create a bootable USB.
- The next step is to download UBCD4Win and copy it to the bootable USB.
- Restart your computer and boot from the USB.
- Select the UBCD4Win option and run the tool.
Change your DNS settings
- Go to Search, type cmd, and click on Run as administrator to start Command prompt as an administrator.
- In the Command prompt, type the following command, and press Enter to run it. Windows Key + R to open Run, type cmd, and click on the relevant result.
- In the Command prompt, type this, and press Enter to run it. ipconfig /flushdns
- Close Command prompt and reboot your computer.
Manually repair Windows
- Press Windows + R and type control.
- Select Control Panel from the list.
- Double-click on the Programs and Features icon.
- Find Windows Defender and click on Uninstall.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog.
- Double-click on the Windows Defender icon.
- Choose Turn Windows Defender on or off.
- Select Off.
Perform selective startup
- Press Windows + X to open Power User menu. Now choose Task Manager from the list of options.
- When the Task Manager opens, locate Startup tab and click it.
- Now click on Task Manager option.
- Select the startup item you want to disable and then click on Disable.
- Now click Apply and OK.
- Restart your computer.
How do I scan my computer for free?
- First, open your browser.
- In the search bar, type in the keyword free computer scan.
- Search for the TopTenREVIEWS free PC scan.
- Pick the antivirus that is the best fit for your system.
- Download and install the anti-virus.
- Follow the instructions to set-up the antivirus on your computer.