This issue usually occurs due to corrupted game files, corrupt game files, or outdated game files, so let’s check out how you can fix this error.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Use Command prompt
- To launch Command prompt, press the Windows key + X, and select Command prompt (Admin).
- Now, enter the following command and press Enter: chkdsk â€“f â€“r â€“x: (Replace â€“x: with the path to the disk you want to check)
- Wait for the scan to complete (it may take a while).
- If the command returns any error, try to fix it by repairing the drive. To do that, run the following command: chkdsk â€“r â€“f â€“x:
- Restart your computer, and check if the error is still there.
Use a third-party software
- If your game or application is still running slow and you try to run it, you might see a message saying disk read error mw3. This can happen due to bad sectors.
- You can use a third-party tool to scan the hard drive and fix the sectors. You can use tools like Stellar Scan or Drive fitness utility to check the health of your hard disks.
- Run the Scan process and check for any bad sectors. This tool can fix the sectors and get rid of the disk read error mw3.
- Delete the content from the folder
- If your game or application is still running slow or you’re trying to run the game, you might get this error due to corrupted content.
- Try deleting the content from the folder and reinstalling the game.
- Delete the Temp files
- At times, you might have many temp files that’s leading to this error.
- Delete all the temporary files from the Temp folder and restart the game or application.
Use Diskpart command
- Type diskpart in the search box -> hit Enter
- Type select disk x, where x is the amount of disk you want
- Type clean
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Perform an SFC scan
- Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- When Command prompt opens, enter the following command: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Check if the error is resolved.
- Remove any unnecessary third-party antivirus programs
- Disable the IRQL hijacking
- Disable any third-party security software
- Disable UAC
Perform a Clean boot
- Go to Start > type msconfig > hit Enter
- Check if Your Antivirus is Preventing the Installation
- Create Clean Installation Media
- Check Your PC’s RAM
- Verify the Game Files
- Delete Corrupted Game Data
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
Perform a DISM scan
- Press Windows Key + S and enter cmd. Select Run as administrator under Command prompt. If Command prompt isn’t available, install Windows Command prompt app.
- When Command prompt starts, run the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Now, run the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Perform a Startup Repair
- Go to Start > type recovery > select Recovery
- Click Restart now > select Troubleshoot
- Go to Advanced options > select Startup repair
Get better performance from your computer with this software - download it to fix your PC today.
Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows Key + S and enter system restore. Select Create a restore point from the menu.
- When System Properties window opens, go to the System Protection tab and click System Restore.
- Next, click Next in the System Restore window.
- Check Show more restore points box and click Next.
- Select a restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.