Event ID 1000 is described as Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close.
This error is usually caused by corrupted files or incorrectly configured Office files.
- Event ID 1000 may be encountered when opening an Excel spreadsheet, and it usually has to do with the Office installation.\n This troubleshooter will make sure all the installed Office components, including Excel, are up-to-date.\n Sometimes, opening an Excel spreadsheet can lead to an Event ID 1000 error.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
1. Use a different computer
- 2. Use a different excel version
- 3. Use a different version of Microsoft office
- 4. Remove and reinstall Microsoft office
- 5. Disable hardware acceleration
- 6. Uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft office
- 7. Update your Microsoft office
- 8. Try using a different network
2. Use a different Microsoft account
- If this issue occurs when you use the same Microsoft account that you normally use on your PC, try creating a new Microsoft account, and then try accessing your account from the Office app.
- 3. Use the ribbon
Open the Excel, and navigate to the File tab.
- Click the Options option.
- Go to Trust Center, and then click on Trust Center Settings.
- Click Trust Center Settings.
- Under Trust Center Settings, click Trust Center Settings.
- Choose Trust Center Settings, and then click Edit.
- Click on the Certificates button.
- Now, turn on the option that says Show warning when opening files from the Internet.
- Close the File tab, and save any unsaved changes.
3. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- 4. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
5. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable
- 6. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
- 7. Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
4. Uninstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- 5. Uninstall the Microsoft C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2008
6. Reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
- Reinstalling the Microsoft C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2008
5. Use a different Surface Pro/4
- 6. Set the default language.
- 7. Set your display to 1080p
- 8. Install the 32-bit version of excel
- 9. Delete the DSN
- 10. Restart your PC
6. Edit the Registry
- Go to Start > type regedit > hit Enter
Get better performance from your computer with this software - download it to fix your PC today.
7. Run the built-in System File Checker
- 8. Press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut, enter cmd in the text field, and click on the relevant search result.
- Right-click Command prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Then input the following command and press Enter: sfc/scannow
- Wait for the sfc scan to complete.