While Windows has many command line tools and utilities, one that many users overlook is DOS.
However, some users have issues with DOS command line, and today we’re going to show you how to fix it.
- The dos command line is a command line interface that allows you to perform various operations on your Windows PC.\n All operations return a status code.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
1. Check that you’re using the correct syntax
- If you are sure that the syntax is correct, then the issue may be that the command is not being executed properly.
- 2. Check that you are referencing the correct file
Check that you are referencing the correct file and not a file that does not exist.
- 3. Check the syntax of the command
Check that the command syntax is correct.
- 4. Check that the command you are running is executable
2. Make sure that the command is typed correctly
- 3. Check that you typed the command in the correct directory
4. Check that the file you are trying to open exists
5. Check that the process you are trying to run or the file you are trying to access is open
6. Check that the file you are trying to access is not locked
3. Log on as an administrator
- 4. Start the cmd with administrator privileges
- 5. Check if the command is outputing any results
- 6. Execute the command again with the certain flags
4. Check your permissions
- If the error persists, try running dos command lines as an administrator.
- Press Windows Key + X and select PowerShell (Admin).
- Enter the following command and press Enter: icacls %windir%system32driversetc
5. Run the Command prompt as Administrator
- 6. Type ipconfig
- 7. Check the IP settings
- 8. Check IP version
9. Check Subnet mask
- 10. Check Default gateway
11. Re-enter the default gateway (manually)
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
6. Verify your drive
- 7. Verify your CD-ROM Drive
- 8. Verify your CD-ROM Drive
- 9. Verify your DRIVE
- 10. Verify your CD-ROM Drive
- 11. Verify your CD-ROM Drive
- 12. Verify your CD-ROM Drive
- 13. Verify your CD-ROM Drive
7. Check if the command works from CMD
- 8. Try to run your command from Run
- 9. Check if the command prompt process is running
- 10. Check if the command prompt service is started
- 11. Run the command with a /trace
8. Check if the command works from PowerShell
- 9. Run CMD with Administrator privileges
- 10. Check if the command works from a different user account
- 11. Run the command with administrator privileges
9. Check if the command works from Command prompt
- 10. Check if the command works from the PowerShell
11. Check if the command works from the Windows Command prompt
- Check if the command works from a command window
- Check if the command works from a DOS box
10. Check if the command works from a DOS prompt
- 11. Check if the command works from the Command prompt
- 12. Check if the command works from a PowerShell window
- 13. Check if the command is throwing any error messages
11. Check if the command works from Windows
- 12. Check for permission issues
- 13. Check if the command prompt is launched successfully
- 14. Check if any environment variables are absent
- 15. Check for missing DLLs
- 16. Check for missing EXE