DiskWarrior is a piece of software that is used for repairing, recovering, and optimizing the disk volumes.
Although DiskWarrior is a great tool to have on your machine if you deal with data, it’s a common issue for many users that they can’t run it.
This can be due to various reasons, but the most common one is DiskWarrior permissions.
Although you should be able to run DiskWarrior easily, some users reported that they’re getting an error when trying to run DiskWarrior.
The error that users reported reads:
> DiskWarrior cannot run because you do not have the proper permissions. > You need to either:
> 1. Run DiskWarrior as root > 2. Change the permissions for the DiskWarrior application > 3. Let DiskWarrior run as the logged on user >
- Fixing diskwarrior permissions error is easy.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
1. Run Diskwarrior as administrator
- Open Diskwarrior as an administrator.
- Right-click on the Diskwarrior icon and select Open as administrator.
- 2. Run Diskwarrior
Click on Diskwarrior.
- Select the target disk.
- Click on Check Drive.
- 3. Fix permissions
In the Diskwarrior window, click on Fix Permissions.
2. Check if Diskwarrior isn’t disabled
- Press the Windows key + S, type cmd, and click on Run as administrator to start Command prompt with full privileges.
- When Command prompt opens, enter the following line and press Enter: diskpart
- This will launch the Diskpart utility.
- Now type the following and press Enter:list disk
- This will list all disks connected to your PC.
- Locate your disk, right-click it, and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, double-click the Security tab.
- Now change the permission for the Everyone group to Full control.
- Click on Apply and OK to save changes.
3. Remove the Diskwarrior program
- Press the Windows key + X key on your keyboard.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Select the application that’s giving you the error and click Uninstall.
- 4. Remove Diskwarrior from startup
- Navigate to the Start menu and type msconfig.
- Click on the System Configuration option.
- Select the Services tab and locate Diskwarrior.
- Click on Startup then Uncheck “Automatically Start “.
- Close the System Configuration window.
- 5. Reinstall the Diskwarrior software
- Download the Diskwarrior software.
- Install the software.
5. Run SFC and DISM
- Type cmd in the Windows Search bar, right click on Command prompt, and choose Run as administrator.
- In the command line, type the following commands, one by one, and hit Enter after each one: