A lot of people rely on DirectX for gaming. DirectX is a set of technologies that enhance multimedia, gaming, and application development.
DirectX 12, Windows 8, and Windows 10 are some of its many versions.
DirectX is the most widely used application programming interface (API).
DirectX is a set of APIs designed primarily for Windows.
- The DirectX offscreen surface error is a common problem, but there are two possible causes.\n Sometimes, this issue is triggered by faulty drivers.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Use a third-party software
- Start the Steam desktop application.
- In the Steam client, go to Library and then right-click on Warframe.
- Go to Properties.
- In the Properties window, go to Local Files.
- When the Local Files window opens, go to the Local Files tab.
- Scroll down and if you see any dll files, right-click on them and select Uninstall.
- Restart the Steam client.
Update your graphics drivers
- Microsoft recommends users keep their drivers up to date, as outdated drivers often have compatibility issues. To do that, open the Run accessory by pressing Windows Key + R, and typing dxdiag in the text field.
- Then press the OK button.
- Press the Windows Key + R, and type devmgmt.msc in the text field.
- Select Device Manager from the list of results.
- Inside the Device Manager window, expand Display adapters, right-click the graphics adapter and select Update driver.
Enable the Use hardware acceleration option
- Right-click on your game or app shortcut. Select Properties.
- Inside the Shortcut tab, locate the Advanced button. Click on it.
- Check the Use hardware acceleration box.
- Save changes and restart the computer.
Use a different resolution
- When you’re playing a 3D game, the resolution might be too high for the graphics card to handle.
- Try lowering the resolution to 720p or 1080p to see if that solves the issue.
Perform a clean boot
- Go to Start > type msconfig > hit Enter
Reset the Display driver
- Press the Windows key + X and select the Device Manager option.
- Expand the Display adapters option, right-click on the driver in there, and choose Uninstall device.
- Now, click on Uninstall Device, and on the next window, click on Uninstall.
- Restart your PC and check if the error is resolved.
- Overlay is a feature that automatically displays windows when you move the cursor over the screen.
- To disable overlay, open the Start Menu, type device manager in the search box, and select Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click Display adapters to expand that section.
- Right-click on your graphics card driver and select Disable device.