Many users have been left stranded after upgrading to Windows 10, as they find themselves having to deal with lots of issues.
While Microsoft has released a lot of fixes and patches for these issues, some bugs still linger.
One of them is the Compare and Install Best Antivirus freeware issue, which left many users disappointed.
> I have downloaded and installed some of the antivirus freeware like > Avast, AVG, Avira, BitDefender, and Kaspersky. However, when I try to > compare the best antivirus freeware, I get the error message ‘There > was a problem performing this operation. Check your computer if the > operation completed successfully.’
If you are also troubled by this error, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the Compare and Install Best Antivirus freeware issue quickly.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Use specialized software
- One of the ways to identify and remove viruses is by using specialized software. For example, Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 is a free antivirus software.
- Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 here.
- Then double-click on the file to open it, and select the Run option from the context menu.
- Select the Yes option in the prompt that follows.
- Then select the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 icon on the Windows desktop.
- Select the Connect option on the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 window.
- Then click Next and select the CD option.
- Now, insert your Windows system installation disk.
- Select your Windows version from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Run option.
- Then select the Yes option in the prompt that follows.
- Select the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 icon on the Windows desktop.
- Select the Start button.
- Select the Scan option.
Delete the Temp folder
- Press Windows + R to open Run, type %temp% in Run, and click OK.
- Delete all the files in the Temp directory.
- Disable System Restore
- Go to Start > Type System Restore and open System Restore.
- Click on Turn off System Restore.
- Restart your computer
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Is your computer running slow, crashing, or giving you the dreaded Blue Screen of Death? Well, don't worry - there's a solution! ASR Pro is the ultimate software for repairing Windows errors and optimizing your PC for maximum performance. With ASR Pro, you can fix a wide range of common issues in just a few clicks. The application will detect and resolve errors, protect you from data loss and hardware failure, and optimize your system for optimal performance. So don't suffer with a slow or crashed computer any longer - download ASR Pro today!
Use Microsoft Security Essentials
- Microsoft Security Essentials is a free antivirus software offered by Microsoft for Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
- You can install Microsoft Security Essentials manually by downloading the installer from Microsoft, or you can download the installer from Microsoft’s website.
- Once you have downloaded the installer, run the setup file to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
- After installing Microsoft Security Essentials, run it.
- Microsoft Security Essentials will update itself automatically.
- Microsoft Security Essentials will recommend you to install a Microsoft Security Essentials compatible scanner.
- Install the scanner.
Run Windows Update
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Now click the Check for updates button.
Run the Microsoft Fixit tool
- 1. Click the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- 2. Navigate to Update & Security.
- 3. Click Troubleshoot and select Run the troubleshooter.
- 4. Choose Microsoft Fixit, and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait for the process to complete.