Avast antivirus is a brand of computer security software developed and distributed by Avast Software, a Czech multinational information security software company headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic.
Avast Free Antivirus is one of the best antivirus software, and today we’re going to show you how to register and activate Avast Free Antivirus 7.0.1426.
- Avast Free Antivirus is one of the best free antivirus solutions, and it’s available in both free and paid versions.
- If you’re having issues registering avast free antivirus, this guide will help you out.
- Don’t forget to bookmark our Avast Antivirus Fix Hub, where you can find more guides like this one.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Download Avast Cleanup
- After the download is finished, run the installer.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click I accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Click Next to proceed with the installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
Perform a System Restore
- System Restore is a feature that allows you to reset your system to a previous date when it was working fine.
- Restart your computer.
- Select Start and type system restore.
- Select System Restore from the search results and follow the on-screen instructions.
Register Avast manually
- Press the Windows key + S and type Control.
- Select Control Panel from the list of results.
- Navigate to the Programs section.
- Locate the Avast Antivirus software, right-click on it, and choose Uninstall.
- Once that’s done, go to the Avast Free Antivirus download page.
- Click the Download button and save the file on your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded file to open the setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the download and installation.
Perform an SFC scan
- Press the Windows Key + S, type cmd, and click on Run as administrator under Command prompt.
- Now, type in the following command and hit Enter: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- The command will scan for corrupt system files. Wait until it finishes, and restart your computer.
Perform a DISM scan
- To do that, open the Windows search utility and type cmd to select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following line, and press the Enter key: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Restart the Windows OS, and open the Avast app.
- Select My Account, and press the Register.
- Now, enter your e-mail and password, and press the Next.
- Next, enter your license key.
- Finally, press the Finish button to complete the process.
Perform a Clean boot
Press the Windows key + R to open Run, type msconfig, and click OK.
Now, go to the Services tab, uncheck all the services listed there, and click Disable all.
- Scroll down and check Hide all Microsoft services.
Click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
- Restart your computer.
Perform an Avast Cleanup
- To do this, press Windows Key + S to open the Search menu, enter Avast Cleanup in the search box, and click on the relevant search result.
- Now, click on Cleaner and click on Start Scan.
- Wait until the scan is complete.
- Once the scan is complete, click on the Clean up button.