Antivirus software has become an absolute necessity in Windows 10, especially since the Windows Defender simply cannot protect you against the latest threats.
Since Windows 10, Microsoft introduced Windows Defender, which by default comes built into Windows 10.
However, many users prefer third-party antivirus solutions, like Kaspersky, Avast, Kaspersky, and others.
Since third-party apps have to be installed separately from the operating system, they can sometimes be problematic.
Many users reported various antivirus-related issues, including errors like:
* Error 2504: Bitdefender Antivirus * Error C00D11B4 * Error 2504: Bitdefender Antivirus * Error C00D11B3 * Error 2504: Bitdefender Antivirus * Error C00D11B2 * Error 2504: Bitdefender Antivirus * Error 0x800706be * Error 0x800706EC * Error 0x800706B9 * Error 0x800706B8 In today’s article, we will explore some of the best solutions you can implement in order to fix these errors.
- Antivirus errors are an annoying occurrence and can prevent you from using your PC.
- Antivirus programs don’t tend to work perfectly, and errors can be triggered by multiple factors.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Rename the file
- Right-click on the file and select Properties
- Enter the file name without the extension. For example, rename a file named myfile.pdf to .pdf
- Reopen the Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader and check if the error is resolved.
Run the SFC scan
- Press the Windows key + S, type cmd, and click on the relevant result.
- Now, run sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Run the DISM scan
- Enter the keyword DISM in Cortana’s search box.
- Click Command prompt to open the utility.
- Input the command dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealth in the Command prompt.
- Press the Enter key.
- Then, input the command dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /RestoreHealthCheck
- Press the Enter key.
Run the System File Checker
- If the error persists, try running the SFC command.
- Run the Disk Cleanup tool
If there’s a lot of junk data on your computer, try running Disk Cleanup.
- Run the Disk Scan
If Disk Cleanup doesn’t help, try running Disk Scan tool.
Run the verifier
- Navigate to the verifier software’s website.
- Download the verifier software.
- Run the verifier program to check if it’s compatible with your antivirus.
- Remove Antivirus Security Suite
If the verifier software is compatible with your antivirus, try removing the antivirus security suite.
- Open your antivirus’s settings.
- Locate the â€ ̃Remove Security Suite’ option.
- Select it and click Remove Security Suite.
- Restart your PC.
- If this doesn’t work, try uninstalling the antivirus.
How do I stop Avast from blocking programs from running?
- Sign out or restart your browser.
- Press the Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Try to start it if it’s not running.
- Restart your antivirus program.