Security is a top priority for every PC owner. Malware, viruses, and ransomware are a real threat, and antivirus tools prevent those threats from infecting your computer.
However, some antivirus tools offer too much complexity, and users can’t always understand them.
Therefore, they turn to simpler, free antivirus solutions.
- Avast is a reliable antivirus that offers protection, basic tools, and automatic updates.
- Avast free antivirus offers a simple set of tools that allow users to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious files.
- Avast antivirus for Windows 10 is compatible with Windows 10 and is regularly updated.
PC problems? Solve them in minutes.
Temporarily disable Windows Defender
- Go to Start > type defender > open Windows Defender
- Select Open Windows Defender Security Center
- Navigate to the Virus & threat protection > select Virus & threat protection settings.
- In the Virus & threat protection settings, select Virus & threat protection settings.
- In the Virus & threat protection settings, select the Virus & threat protection settings.
- Toggle off the option Turn on real-time protection
Disable third party antivirus
- Disable the antivirus or firewall from running in the background.
- Turn on the internet connection.
- Download an authentic anti-malware software like Bitdefender or Kaspersky.
- Install it on your PC.
- Run the software.
Reinstall the device drivers
- Press Windows + R to open Run, type devmgmt.msc in the text field, and hit Enter or click OK.
- Double-click on the Disk drives option.
- Right-click on the disk drive and select Scan for drive errors.
Uninstall and reinstall the security software
- Go to Start > type control panel > right-click on the result > choose Uninstall a program option.
- Select Avast from the Programs list > click on Uninstall.
Get better performance from your computer with this software - download it to fix your PC today.
Perform a clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig.
- Press Enter or click OK.
- When the System Configuration window opens, go to the Services tab.
- Click on the Hide All Microsoft Services button.
- Now, click on the Services tab again and check Hide all Microsoft services except those I select.
- Now, scroll down and uncheck Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now, check the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Click OK to save the changes and restart your computer.
- Reinstall your Antivirus
- Open your Start Menu and type Programs and Features.
- Select it from the list.
- Locate the antivirus program you want to reinstall, right-click it, and choose Uninstall from the menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.